Sunday 16 November 2014

Sydney - First Sight, Last Week...

After leaving Newcastle we were on our way to Sydney, the final stop of our trip down the east coast. There was definitely a solemn feeling in the air as we boarded our bus. Comments of "this will be the last bus we catch together" and reminiscing about our journey began, you could already tell the last week together was going to be a difficult one. The journey from Newcastle only took just over two hours and before we knew it the Opera House was in sight and we were driving across the Harbour Bridge towards Central Station.
Our hostel wasn't the easiest to find as we were tired and wearing from our travels over the last few weeks, even after some rest and recovery in Newcastle, though to be fair we didn't take the most direct route we could have. We made a quick check in and grabbed some lunch before heading out to explore the city. I was all a flutter, the city had already caught me in its net. We walked down the entire length of George street to Circular Quay where we were presented with our first up close view of the most iconic structures in Australia. I don't think I could ever get fed up of looking at the view from here.

We ran around and got photos, and selfies of course, In front of the Opera House and with the Harbour Bridge in the background. We stood on the steps of the Opera House and rehashed old jokes and old stories from our trips. It was a perfect day, with a wonderful evening in for all of us the hostel, one of our last. It was bittersweet and brings onstage to my heart as I write this post, I still miss my travel friends and this is why it has taken me so long to write the latest update but I will troop on as I have so much more to fill you all in on for now enjoy some photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...